Subject: Ultrasonic humidifier

Ultrasonic humidifier

From: Prue McKay <prue.mckay<-a>
Date: Monday, April 28, 2008
The ultrasonic humidifier in my lab has just given up the ghost and
I need to buy a new one.  There are a lot of the 'domestic' kind out
there (for setting up in kids' rooms etc) but I'm having trouble
sourcing a lab-appropriate one, with a hose that can connect to a
humidity chamber. The one that's just died is the "Pifco Model No.
1074" and was purchased from Preservation Equipment Ltd, probably
around 10 years ago.  PEL no longer seem to sell humidifiers and
having had a hunt on the internet with no luck, I am looking for
recommendations from list members of makes, models and suppliers. I
would prefer an Australian supplier but this is not essential.

Prue McKay
Conservator
Library Section
Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
    Studies
PO Box 553
Canberra ACT 2601
+61 2 6246 1129