Subject: Call for papers--Adhesives for natural history specimens--addendum

Call for papers--Adhesives for natural history specimens--addendum

From: Simon Moore <simon.moore<-a>
Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Call for papers
The Natural Sciences Collections Association (NatSCA)
one day seminar on adhesives for natural history specimens

    **** Moderator's comments: See original Call for papers in
    Conservation DistList Instance: 21:44 Saturday, February 23,
    2008

I recently posted a call for speakers for a seminar on 8 October,
2008 in London. The posting was unfortunately unsuccessful in
eliciting any positive responses. Please contact me if you could
give a paper relating to adhesive types and if they could be useful
in the biological sciences conservation field--including water
soluble, acrylics, thalasso-, animal glues and epoxy resins.  Also
how effectively they bond to proteins, connective tissue (especially
bone), cellulose and geological materials including minerals.  Also
some physical idea of bond strength would be most useful and the
possibility of cross-linking at a molecular level, preventing
reversibility.

Simon Moore, MIScT, FLS, ACR
Senior Conservator of Natural Sciences
Hampshire County Council