Subject: Request for bids--Royal Mail Archive Condition Survey

Request for bids--Royal Mail Archive Condition Survey

From: Krystyna Koscia <krystyna.koscia<-a>
Date: Monday, April 21, 2008
The Royal Mail Archive Condition Survey

The British Postal Museum and Archive is the public identity of the
Postal Heritage Trust. We are a charity and we manage The Royal Mail
Archive, which is Public Record material, as a Place of Deposit on
behalf of Royal Mail. For our full details see

    <URL:http://www.postalheritage.org.uk>

As part of our care for this archive collection--nearly 400 years of
postal, business and social history--we are planning to undertake a
condition survey of the Archive. This will allow us to audit its
current state, and manage and prioritise its preservation and
remedial conservation requirements.

We are seeking an Accredited and experienced Conservator, working
with our in-house team, to carry-out this work, using suitable
assistance if needed. At the end we hope for an audit report and
dataset allowing us to take management of the collection forward.

If you are interested in submitting a quotation for this work,
please ask for our Brief which details the requirement fully. This
is available from

    Krystyna Koscia
    krystyna.koscia<-a t->postalheritage< . >org< . >uk
    +44 7725 070 484

If you would like an informal discussion about the work please
telephone Krystyna, or Adrian Steel, Acting Head of Archive and
Records Management, on +44 20 7239 2128. The closing date for
quoting for this work is Friday 16 May 2008. The projected start of
the pilot survey is negotiable around summer 2008.

Krystyna Koscia ACR
Conservator and Preservation Manager
British Postal Museum and Archive
Freeling House