Subject: Wooden door

Wooden door

From: Christine Smith <consartpap<-a>
Date: Monday, March 17, 2008
writes

 If the door has survived 300 years and is functional, why do
 anything? Changing it's condition may lead to problems. Is there a
 good reason for cleaning it?  Or is it just someone's personal
 aesthetics. From what you wrote, it seems that the door is doing
 very well for 300 years old.

It seems that I failed to make clear that at this point in time
there is *no* protective finish over the wood--in a mountainous area
that receives considerable amounts of snow.

Christine Smith
Conservation of Art on Paper, Inc.
6044 Old Telegraph Road
Alexandria, Virginia 22310