Subject: Position at National Archives, Kew

Position at National Archives, Kew

From: James Sanders <james.sanders<-a>
Date: Friday, March 14, 2008
Project Conservator
National Archives
Based in Kew, West London, UK

Fixed Term Appointment for 1 year with the possibility of extension

UKP19,025 to UKP22,000

The National Archives is also the UK government's official archive,
containing 1,000 years of history from Domesday Book to the present.
We aim to lead and transform information management, preserving the
past for the future, and making it accessible to everyone.

The Collection Care department are preparing an extensive scanning
project of 19th Century Soldiers Service Records, and require a
qualified paper conservator to work alongside our scanning team.
Your main priority is to prepare documents for scanning, and provide
support to the team in the form of document handling and training.

If you can handle pressure, achieve targets and have strong
communication skills we want to hear from you. Excellent benefits
including generous pension scheme, leave allowance and a range of
staff facilities.

To apply see

    <URL:http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk>

quoting reference 1244.

Closing date: Monday 14 April, 2008 at midday
Interviews will be held in Kew on 18 April, 2008

James Sanders
Recruitment Adviser
The National Archives
Kew