Subject: Sewing frames

Sewing frames

From: Ian Bogus <ian.bogus<-a>
Date: Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Our sewing frame has finally bit the dust and I have been trying to
find another.  Most of the ones I have found are relatively simple
and straightforward but of course seeing a picture often makes
quality and usability issues difficult to assess.  Does anyone have
suggestions on particular frames?  I recall seeing cantilevered one
without the adjustable posts; has anyone used it or know if they are
still being made?

    **** Moderator's comments: Search CoOL
    <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu>, as some older articles
    have information on alternative designs.

Ian Bogus
Head, Collections Care
Preservation Department
Yale University Libraries