Subject: Cumulative exposure log

Cumulative exposure log

From: Celia Bockmuehl <celia.bockmuehl<-a>
Date: Friday, February 15, 2008
We are currently reviewing our policy for logging the cumulative
exposure for items on display (both in terms of light damage and in
the case of bound material, the physical damage that might occur
from repeat displays at the same opening). We would be grateful to
hear how others have fared in acquiring and recording the relevant
data. Do you have any experience of a data record sheet or advice
about keeping it relatively simple so that the already overburdened
archivists and librarians, whom we are hoping will record and keep
this information, actually undertake to fill in the data?

Celia Withycombe
Oxford Conservation Consortium
Grove Cottage, St Cross Road
Oxford OX1 3TX
+44 1865 271520

                Distributed: Saturday, February 23, 2008