Subject: Washington Conservation Guild

Washington Conservation Guild

From: Eliza Gilligan <gilligane<-a>
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Washington Conservation Guild, March Meeting

Please join us Thursday, March 6, 2008 for our "Intern Talks" at the

Charles Sumner School
1201 17th Street NW
Washington DC 20036

Metro stop: Red line/Farragut North

Limited street parking

The reception begins at 5pm
The talks will begin at 6pm

This year our intern talks will feature:

    Angie Elliot
    Kress Fellow in Objects Conservation
    The Walters Art Museum

        "Experimentations in Glass: Salviati and the 19th century
        Glass Revival"

    Steve Pickman
    Neukom Family Foundation Intern
    United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

        "The Hidden Life of Everyday Objects: From a Toy Chair to
        Silverware"

    Tonia Grafakos, Paper Conservation Intern and
    Kaori Uchida, Book Conservation Intern
    Library of Congress

        "Repair Techniques for Japanese Books: A Collaborative
        Effort Between Book and Paper Conservation

Be sure to mark your calendar and join us on the first Thursday in
March.

Non-members and guests are welcome for a donation of five dollars.

For more information see

    <URL:http://www.washingtonconservationguild.org>

Eliza Gilligan
Book Conservator, Department Head
Preservation Services Department
Smithsonian Institution Libraries
SISC 2H7 MRC 806
PO Box 37012
Washington DC 20013-7012
202-633-4713
Fax: 202-357-1775

                Distributed: Saturday, February 23, 2008