Subject: Position at Te Papa

Position at Te Papa

From: Vicki-Anne Heikell <vickih<-a>
Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Conservator Textiles
Museum of New Zealand
Te Papa Tongarewa
Wellington, New Zealand

We are looking for a textile conservator to join our Conservation
Team until end of February 2009, while one of our textile
conservators is on maternity leave.

This role supports a busy, demanding programme of exhibitions,
acquisitions, lending and collection care. The textile collections
include Maori, Pacific and European items, both contemporary and
historic.

A recognised professional conservation qualification and experience
as a conservator in a museum environment is essential for this role.
You will be capable and confident in assessing condition, carrying
out conservation treatments and providing advice. Experience with
museum collection databases will be an advantage. You will enjoy
working co-operatively with other museum professionals and finding
creative solutions to making collections accessible in safe and
culturally-appropriate ways.

To find out more about the position please contact Gillian Andreae
gilliana<-a t->tepapa< . >govt< . >nz or Te Papa's website
<URL:http://www.tepapa.govt.nz>

Applications close 5pm Friday 15 February 20

Gillian Andreae
Manager, Collection Services

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 3, 2008