Subject: NARA Preservation Conference--addendum

NARA Preservation Conference--addendum

From: Richard Schneider <richard.schneider<-a>
Date: Friday, February 1, 2008
There are still spaces available for the March 10, 2008 preservation
conference and that registrations will be accepted up to and
including the day of the event.

This year's conference is entitled, "The ABCs of Modern Fire
Suppression in Cultural Institutions".  So far, it has attracted a
wide variety of attendees from notable organizations including:

    Harvard University - Widener Library
    Newseum
    Northeast Document Conservation Center
    Missouri Botanical Gardens
    University of Virginia Library
    University at Albany - SUNY
    University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
    The Protection Engineering Group, PC
    Marioff Corporation
    Rockefeller Archive Center
    The Catholic University of America
    Delaware Public Archives
    Folger Shakespeare Library
    Smithsonian Institution - Natural History Museum
    The Protection Engineering Group, PC
    University of Kentucky
    Denver Museum of Nature and Science
    Vancouver Art Gallery
    National Park Service
    National Library of Medicine
    Princeton University

Thus, attending the conference not only benefits one due to the
program content, but from also being able to network with colleagues
representing leading institutions from throughout the United States
and overseas (we presently have attendees from Scotland and Finland,
and a speaker from the British Library).

An Acrobat (.pdf) flyer, including the speaker's list, is available
directly from me on request, or at

    <URL:http://www.archives.gov/preservation/conferences/2008/>

I can accept registration information and credit card payments by
phone. To protect your privacy, I generally do not accept Faxes.

Please email me or call if you have any questions or would like to
register.

Richard Schneider
Preservation Conference Coordinator
National Archives