Subject: Fire extinguishers

Fire extinguishers

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap<-a>
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2008
We need to equip our special collections area with fire
extinguisher.  Our safety officer on campus suggested one that uses
water or one that uses powder.  They apparently weigh about 40 lbs.
We are concerned about being able to lift and use something this
heavy.  Also, we wonder about the content of the powder
extinguishers on the books.  Does anyone have any suggestions of the
best type of fire extinguisher for a special collections department?

Sue Dunlap
Preservation Manager
College of Wooster Libraries
1140 Beall Ave.