Subject: Materials thesaurus

Materials thesaurus

From: Patricia Reymond <patricia.reymond<-a>
Date: Friday, January 11, 2008
The Olympic Museum has in its collections various types of items
such as posters, artworks, medals, costumes, flags, etc. This means
that we have to manage different types of materials including a
large range of plastics from the 1930s to nowadays. In order to
improve the monitoring of their condition, we are planning to
replace our vocabulary-controlled list of about 200 terms by a
material thesaurus or at least a hierarchical list. Could you
recommend us a synthetic material oriented thesaurus (French and/or
English)?

Patricia Reymond
Collections Manager
Museology Service