Subject: Technische Mitteilungen fur Malerei

Technische Mitteilungen fur Malerei

From: Kathrin Pilz <kathrinpilz<-a>
Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2008
We would like to announce a project that has recently been launched
at the Instituut Collectie Nederland, Amsterdam as part of the
Netherlands Science Foundation (NWO) funded De Mayerne Project
'MM19'.

The project aims to explore the historical German journal
"Technische Mitteilungen fur Malerei" (technical notes on painting),
which was first published in 1884 by Adolf Keim. This monthly
journal is the predecessor of the well-known now called "Restauro".
It is a rich source of technical information through
interdisciplinary discussions about painting materials and
techniques used by both old masters and contemporary artists.
Authors - who were chemists, restorers and artists - discuss the
application and stability of materials in conjunction with damages
and changes in the appearance of paintings.

If you are involved in a project or have possibly heard of one that
already makes use of this valuable source, we would be very thankful
if you got in touch with us.

Dr. Klaas Jan van
den Berg
klaas.jan.vd.berg<-a t->icn< . >nl