Subject: IFLA principles

IFLA principles

From: Akio Yasue <a-yasue<-a>
Date: Saturday, January 5, 2008
I am studying historical development of IFLA principles on library
conservation. As many know the first IFLA principles titled
Principles of Conservation and Restoration in Libraries appeared in
the IFLA Journal 5(4) in 1979. But I understand, prior to this
approved version, there was a draft titled Rules for Restoration
Works prepared by IFLA WG in 1975.

I have been looking for the draft of 1975 but unable to see so far.
I would be much obliged if someone can provide me any information
about its content or its location where one can approach.

Akio Yasue
Independent preservation consultant
4-28-5 Funabashi, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
Japan