Subject: Integrated Pest Management Working Group

Integrated Pest Management Working Group

From: Rachael Arenstein <rachaelarenstein<-a>
Date: Saturday, December 29, 2007
We are currently accepting requests for a spot at the 2008 IPM
Working Group Meeting to be hosted by the American Museum of Natural
History in New York City, February 25-26, 2008.

The IPM Working Group is a group of museum professionals from
various disciplines dedicated to the development of pest management
resources for the general museum community.  The goal of the working
group meeting is not to teach IPM, but rather to focus on
deliverables to make IPM easier for museum staff. We recognize that
every museum has similar challenges with regards to pest management.
We hope that the working group can help solve problems while
alleviating the need for every museum to come up with their own
solutions.

Some of the practical deliverables from the previous four meetings
include the museumpests.net website; the museum pest mailing list;
IPM related bibliographies and presentations all accessible at
<URL:http://www.museumpests.net>.

This year's meeting will include a continued work on the areas of:

    Pest Imaging/Identification Aids
    Software for Mapping and Monitoring
    Policy and Procedures for IPM
    Best Practices for pest treatments
    Making IPM information accessible on the web

As with the previous meetings, we want to stress that this is not a
review of IPM and the purpose of the group is not to teach IPM, but
to develop resources for the museum community. You should expect to
take an active role in discussing and setting goals, and to leave
with an assignment.

For more information on the working group please see
<URL:http://www.museumpests.net> or contact the IPM-WG Chair Neil
Duncan <duncan<-a t->amnh< . >org>.

If you would like to attend the meeting, please contact Rachael
Perkins Arenstein <rachaelarenstein<-a t->hotmail< . >com>. Please put "IPM
Working Group RSVP" in the subject line of the email. E-mails
without this subject line will not be opened.

In addition, we have space during the session breaks for a small
number of short presentations on pest management issues; if you are
interested in giving a presentation, let us know when you respond to
the invitation.

                 Distributed: Sunday, January 20, 2008