Subject: Revised ISO enclosures standard 18902

Revised ISO enclosures standard 18902

From: Douglas W. Nishimura <dwnpph<-a>
Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2008
I haven't done my usual periodic review of ISO image permanence
standards in quite awhile. However, I am announcing here that a new
revision of ISO 18902 has just been published. This is the standard
that described the requirements for enclosure materials used with
photographs. The standard was primarily written for archives,
libraries, and museums. The new edition has been expanded to include
not only material related to dark storage including mounting
materials, but also framing materials and albums.

Copies of this standard should be available from your home country's
national standards body, from ISO
<URL:http://www.iso.org/iso/home.htm> (in either paper or PDF format
file) or from an authorized distributor such as NSSN
<URL:http://www.nssn.org/about.aspx> (The NSSN web site used to be
run by Global Engineering as an ANSI (American National Standards
Institute) web site for purchasing standards. It is now administered
by ANSI.)

Douglas Nishimura
Image Permanence Institute
Rochester Institute of Technology