Subject: Volara

Volara

From: Rebecca Gilbert <gilbert<-a>
Date: Friday, December 21, 2007
I am trying to purchase Volara foam for a project at my Institution,
specifically: approximately 60 inches x 37 1/2 feet of 1/8 inch
thick Black Volara Type A polyethylene foam with an acrylic based
adhesive backing.

I have found that it is available in 600 foot rolls at a cost of
$1,294.00, but this is much more than my institution needs or is
able to store. I am looking for someone that has a remnant to sell
to my institution, another institution that would like to purchase a
roll of the foam together, or suggestions of other vendors that I
might be able to turn to.

So far I have looked through many conservation supply catalogs,
spoken with Riley Foam, and have calls out to  Janco and MH
Stallman. Of course, we would like it as soon as possible so that we
can begin our project.

Rebecca Gilbert
Conservation Technician
Wagner Free Institute of Science