Subject: Ethyl silicate

Ethyl silicate

From: George Wheeler <george.wheeler<-a>
Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2007
On behalf of a colleague, Krassy Frangova <krassy_13 [at] abv__bg>
writes

>I am posting this request on the behalf of a colleague from
>Belgrade:
>
>    I need advice on use of ethyl silicate. It is about a
>    prehistoric kiln on site Plocnik that needs consolidation. Do
>    you have experience in using ethyl silicate or know about the
>    reference articles that describe its application in more
>    detail?

There are literally hundreds of articles on ethyl silicate
consolidation of stone. I suggest you start with the book:
Alkoxysilanes and the Consolidation of Stone (Getty, 2005).

George Wheeler, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
Department of Scientific Research
The Metropolitan Museum of Art