Subject: Joseph Beuys' metal sculptures

Joseph Beuys' metal sculptures

From: Craig Uram <craiguram>
Date: Monday, December 11, 2006
    author.

I am conducting a survey and technical study of several multiples by
Joseph Beuys that include metal parts. I am interested in locating
versions of the following sculptures in museums and private
collections:

    1. Pala
    2. ELEMENT
    3. La Zappa
    4. Samurai Sword
    5. Sickle 2nd Version
    6. Haubeil (Cleaver)
    7. Magnetic Postcard
    8. Magnetic Rubbish
    9. Back Support for a Fine-Limbed Person (Hare Type) of the 20th
        Century A.D.
    10. Nipple
    11. Silver Broom and Broom Without Bristles

I would be particularly interested to correspond with conservators
who have treated or done analysis on any of the above pieces or
other Beuys multiples that contain metal (especially iron, copper,
and silver containing metals). I am hoping to be able to locate
treatment records, photographic documentation (of treatments,
exhibitions, actions, acquisition photos, current photos, etc.),
condition reports, and correspondence. In short, I am attempting to
find any information that would relate to Joseph Beuys'
metal-containing multiples. Additionally, I would be grateful for
any contact information for resources, such as curators and owners,
who may have relevant information.

I do not speak German but have access to translation, so please do
not hesitate to send information in German or English.

Craig Uram
Samuel H. Kress Advanced-Level Intern Straus Center
for Conservation Harvard University Art Museums
32 Quincy Street
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
1-617-496.1903

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 17, 2006