Subject: Housing engraving plates

Housing engraving plates

From: Tara Kennedy <tara.d.kennedy>
Date: Monday, December 11, 2006
I am looking for a way to house copper and/or zinc and/or steel
engraving plates that we have in Yale's Art of the Book collection.
I do know that cultural institutions often use sink mats for housing
these items, but I wonder if anyone has had a project where they had
to come up with a solution to store a large number of plates of
varying sizes.  These plates are probably no larger than 9 inches
together in one container. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I
would love to hear them.

Tara D. Kennedy
Preservation Field Services Librarian
Yale University Libraries