Subject: Authors sought

Authors sought

From: Jennifer Hain Teper <jhain>
Date: Friday, December 1, 2006
    author.

My colleague, Kate Contakos at NYU and I are working on a book
proposal for which we would like to serve as editors.  As two
preservation/conservation professionals who have just recently
undergone the construction of new labs, we both realized how little
has been written about the construction and outfitting of a book and
paper conservation laboratory and see this as an opportunity for us
to contribute something really helpful to the field.

We are proposing a monograph of approximately 200-300 pages, with
the multiple chapters in critical areas of book and paper
conservation lab planning, such as--but by no means limited
to--design and layout considerations, water purification,
ergonomics, etc. for a total of fourteen full chapters with
appendices.

Although we currently have 11 authors committed to this project, we
have exhausted our leads to find our last three authors, so we have
decided to see if we may stir up any interest through the DistList.
We are seeking authors for the remaining three chapters:

    *   Special Considerations for Private Paper Conservation Labs
    *   Indoor Air Quality
    *   Lighting

We are estimating a full chapter to be approximately 20 pages (the
"Special Considerations" can be shorter) with a significant draft
completed by June 2007.

Everybody seems to agree that this is a much-needed
publication--will you step up to the plate to make sure this goes
forward?

I am happy to provide many, many more details and an expanded time
line for the project upon request.  Please reply directly to me at
jhain [at] uiuc__edu

Jennifer Hain Teper
Conservation Librarian
University of Illinois Library at Urbana-Champaign
Conservation Unit
2nd Floor, Oak Street Library Facility
809 South Oak Street
Champaign IL 61820