Subject: Furniture waxes

Furniture waxes

From: Marianne Webb <mariannw>
Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2006
It has come to my attention that Goddard's Cabinet Makers Wax which
I have used in the past now contains silicone.  This applies to both
the new spray version and the standard paste wax.  This has
initiated much discussion locally about commercially available waxes
that are safe for use on historic furniture.  I would like to know
what other furniture conservators are using or recommending to the
public.

Marianne Webb
Decorative Arts Conservator
Royal Ontario Museum