Subject: ICOM-CC-Ethno Listserv and Newsletter

ICOM-CC-Ethno Listserv and Newsletter

From: Carole Dignard <carole_dignard>
Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2006
The ICOM-CC Working Group on Ethnographic Collections, one of the 23
Working Groups of the ICOM-CC (International Council of Museums -
Conservation Committee), is committed to the open sharing of
information between all those interested in the field of
ethnographic conservation, and provides free and open services to
this effect.

The Working Group runs the ICOM-CC-Ethno listserv, a free and open
international discussion list, moderated by the Working Group
Coordinator. Presently there are approximately 150 conservation
professionals from around the world on the listserv, mainly
ethnographic or objects conservators. For subscription information
contact the moderator at carole_dignard [at] pch__gc__ca.

The Ethnographic Working Group also publishes electronically the
Ethnographic Conservation Newsletter annually or semi-annually--the
next issue being due in January 2007. It is publicly accessible for
the first 5 weeks of its electronic posting at

    <URL:http://icom-cc.icom.museum/
        WG/EthnographicCollections/Newsletters/>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

After 5 weeks, the Newsletter access becomes restricted to paid ICOM
or ICOM-CC members or Friends of ICOM-CC. The Working Group also
provides other services specifically to ICOM and ICOM-CC paid
members, and we encourage support of ICOM and ICOM-CC by becoming
full paying members.

The Ethnographic Working Group also publishes electronically the
Ethnographic Conservation Newsletter on an annual or semi-annual
basis--the next issue being due in January 2007. It is publicly
accessible for the first 5 weeks of its electronic posting at

    <URL:http://icom-cc.icom.museum/
        WG/EthnographicCollections/Newsletters/>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

After 5 weeks, the Newsletter access becomes restricted to paid ICOM
or ICOM-CC members or Friends of ICOM-CC. The Working Group also
provides other services specifically to ICOM and ICOM-CC paid
members, and we encourage support of ICOM and ICOM-CC by becoming
full paying members.

I would like to encourage all those interested, to join our Working
Group network and take part in the free and open exchange of
information. To do so, please email me at carole_dignard [at] pch__gc__ca

Carole Dignard
Coordinator, ICOM-CC Working Group on Ethnographic Collections
and Objects Conservator, Canadian Conservation Institute

                Distributed: Saturday, December 9, 2006