Subject: Glass and plastic cleaners

Glass and plastic cleaners

From: Anne Macdonnell <a.macdonnell>
Date: Friday, December 1, 2006
I am researching three cleaning products, all of which advertise
that they leave no residues.  The products are: Novus Plastic Polish
No.2, SpraywayGlass Cleaner 050 and Sprayway Plastic Cleaner 848.  I
am researching whether or not these products will pose a threat to
artefacts, particularly maps, manuscripts and fine art on paper,
when the glass or plastic is in direct contact with artefacts.  If
anyone has any information regarding these products I would
appreciate learning more.

Anne Macdonnell
Intern at Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington Street