Subject: Solubility parameters of methyl proxitol

Solubility parameters of methyl proxitol

From: Kate Payne <avikate328>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2006
Laura Mills <lauramills1 [at] googlemail__com> writes

>Does anyone know the solubility parameters of Methyl Proxitol
>(1-Methoxy Propan-2-ol) for use on the Teas Chart?

>From: Laura Mills
>Does anyone know the solubility parameters of Methyl Proxitol
>(1-Methoxy Propan-2-ol) for use on the Teas Chart?

The solubility data you requested is available directly from Shell
Chemicals online as a PDF file.  As of July 2001, the recorded
values were Hildebrand 9.5, h-bonding 0.0, and fractional polarity
0.110 all calculated in (cal/cm^3)^1/2.   These values would be
roughly doubled for MPa equivalencies, if you prefer SI units.   The
link to obtain the Shell Chemicals datasheet is here:

    <URL:http://www.shellchemicals.com/
        chemicals/pdf/solvents/chemical/pge/
        asia/MePROX.pdf?section=our_products>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for