Subject: Lacquer

Lacquer

From: J. Bryan Blundell <jbb>
Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Martha Seelenberger <martha.seelenberger [at] parks__nyc__gov>
writes

>I would like to know if anybody has heard about a certain "Nichols
>Lacquer" being used on outdoor bronze sculptures.  If so, how can I
>get access to information on this product like, an MSDS, durability,
>your own personal experience, and even which sculptures have been
>treaded with this type of finishing?

If you have had a problem finding information on the "Nichols
Lacquer" (Nikolas) it might be because of the spelling.

    G.J. Nikolas and Co., Inc.
    2800 Washington Blvd.
    Bellwood, Illinois  60104
    708-544-0320
    Fax: 708-544-9722

I have used their products when a lacquer on exterior bronze has
been specified. The results have been good and seems to be durable.

Bryan Blundell
Dell Corporation
PO Box 1462
Rockville, MD 20849

                Distributed: Thursday, November 30, 2006