Subject: Anniversary of Florence flood

Anniversary of Florence flood

From: Alessandro Sidoti <alessandrosidoti>
Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006
As this year is the 40th anniversary of the Florence Flood I am
trying to collect as many pictures as possible of the Florence Flood
especially the ones that involve the National Library where I work.
My main task is to get hold of the pictures that had been taken by
the professional conservators that were involved into the
conservation work, as you can imagine that pictures taken from
conservators usually depict the situation much better, compared to
the one coming from journalists.

I would be interested in having digitized copies of all the pictures
sent, if possible on a CD or DVD, directly to the Library
conservation workshop:

    Laboratorio di restauro della biblioteca nazionale centrale di
        firenze
    piazza s.Ambrogio 2
    50121 Firenze Italy

This should lead to forming an archive of pictures of the flood in
the national library and could be available for scholars and
students. Unfortunately there are no funds for reformatting or
digitizing so I would be very grateful to anyone who can manage to
send digitized copies of the pictures, but I will not be able to pay
for any new digitization of old pictures. I think that you can
easily understand the importance for our workshop of trying to keep
the memory of the flood alive I would be very grateful to all the
people that will help in this task,

Alessandro Sidoti
Book conservator
National Library of Florence