Subject: Loss compensation for pastels

Loss compensation for pastels

From: Steven Prins <sprins1102>
Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2006
What are people presently doing to compensate for damage/loss of
pastel on contemporary, mixed media pieces?

I was inclined to just apply powdered pigment/pastel with a brush as
necessary to compensate for losses to pastels and oil pastels used
by the artist in the piece at hand. But it occurs to me that this
will not be very reversible. Has anyone developed any alternatives
that are visually convincing yet remain reasonably reversible? Can
anything be done to pastels that will be truly reversible?

Steven Prins
Santa Fe, NM

                 Distributed: Monday, November 27, 2006