Subject: Lecture on the Tate Gallery Conservation Department

Lecture on the Tate Gallery Conservation Department

From: Lucy Tetlow <britassocpaintings>
Date: Monday, November 13, 2006
Roy Perry
"Continuity and Change: The Tate Gallery Conservation Department
    1968-2005"
The Art Workers Guild
6 Queen Square
London WC1N 3AT
November 30 2006
6:30pm drinks for 7pm start

Tube: Russell Square or Holborn

Presented by the British Association of Paintings
Conservators-Restorers

Cost: UKP5 including canapes. There will be a cash bar.

   "When I joined the Tate Gallery Conservation Department I had no
    idea that I'd still be there in a year's time let alone in the
    next century, finally retiring as Head of Conservation in May
    2005.

   "In this presentation, I will explore some of the ways in which
    Conservation evolved to meet the ambitions of a rapidly
    expanding Tate, improving standards of care and presentation of
    the Collection and responding to changes in the broader culture
    of conservation. I shall also recall a few of the many events
    that colour my memories, from my first tentative steps in
    restoration to pacing the streets of Frankfurt in search of
    stolen Turners."

For tickets or more information please contact Lucy Tetlow,
Secretary on secretary [at] bapcr__org__uk

                Distributed: Saturday, November 18, 2006