Subject: Paper for photographic prints

Paper for photographic prints

From: Barbara N. Brown <bnbrown>
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2006
Marta Barandiaran <m.barandiaran [at] ehu__es> writes

>We are trying to find an unbuffered paper (acid and lignin-free, low
>sulfur content, and a smooth white surface. pass P.A.T.) in Europe
>to do some photographic prints. We have tried to buy it in Light
>Impressions but the shipping charge is really expensive. Can anybody
>help us?

Have you considered using Atlantis Silversafe Photostore paper? It
is made in France and available from
<URL:http://www.atlantis-france.com> I think the person to contact
there is Francoise Compagnot <f.compagnot [at] atlantis-france__com>

A colleague in Chile forwarded the following information from that
web site to me a few months ago (it meets all of your
qualifications):

Characteristics:

    100% linters de coton
    pH 6,7
    Sans encollage
    Sans reserve alcaline
    Sans azurant optique
    Non calendre
    " Silver Tarnish Test "
    ANSI Photographic Activity Test IT9.2 (ISO 10214)
    Le Photosafe est disponible en feuilles ou en rouleaux
    et en 3 grammages : 80 g, 130 g et 250 g.

    Il vous est egalement propose sous differents faconnages :
    intercalaires, enveloppes 4 rabats, chemises a rabats, chemises
    et sous-chemises (voir produits faconnes).

Or you may also be able to get the paper, sold as JPP Silversafe,
under Conservation and Repair Papers at

    John Purcell Paper
    15 Rumsey Road
    London SW9 OTR UK,
    +44 20 7737 5199
    Fax: +44 20 7737 6765,
    jpp [at] johnpurcell__net;
    <URL:http://www.johnpurcell.net>

There is also Buxton paper, as described at
<URL:http://www.mikeware.co.uk/mikeware/Alternative_Printing.html>
(it works well for historic photographic processes, passes the ANSI
Photographic Activity Test, all cotton, etc.)
Buxton paper can be ordered from:

    Ruscombe Paper Mill
    4 Cours Pey-Berland
    33460 Margaux