Subject: Source for leather sought

Source for leather sought

From: Sonja Brandt <sonnja.b>
Date: Monday, November 6, 2006
We are currently re-looking at suppliers for good quality
conservation leather, as well as bookbinding leather. Especially,
calf skin for conservation has become a slight problem and we are
not entirely satisfied with the quality of the leather at hand. Can
anyone give information about suppliers within Europe and experience
people have made with these leathers (for example, when dying it,
paring conditions, flexibility while covering the book, sensitivity
to abrasion etc)?

Sonja Brandt
Book Conservator,
State Library of Berlin

                Distributed: Saturday, November 11, 2006