Subject: Parylene

Parylene

From: Gwenola Corbin <gwenolacorbin>
Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2006
I have been studying the use of polyurethane foam as a support in a
paint layer, within the framework of a Master on Conservation at the
Avignon School of Fine Arts. As part of this research, I am looking
for some information on the use of Parylene for the consolidation of
plastic foams such as PUR foam.

It appears that Malcolm Bilz (CCI) used parylene to restore a Marcel
Duchamp work of art. Is there any report or paper dealing with this
restoration?

Gwenola Corbin
(Student in conservation)

                 Distributed: Friday, November 3, 2006