Subject: Specifications for cleaning museum spaces

Specifications for cleaning museum spaces

From: Susan L. Maltby <susan.maltby>
Date: Thursday, October 19, 2006
I am wondering if anyone--particularly those who have been involved
with large scale museum construction/renovation projects--have
examples of cleaning specifications for the construction contractor.
The scenario is this:  Art was moved out of vaults for the duration
of the construction/renovation.  The area has been a construction
site throughout and prior to recommissioning the space the contractor
must clean it.  The contract specifications are somewhat vague on
the topic of cleaning.  I am hoping someone may have something a
little more specific.

    **** Moderator's comments: Specs like this would make a good
    addition to Conservation OnLine <URL:palimpsest.stanford.edu>;
    if anyone would like to contribute specification documents for
    subjects like this, please contact me.

Susan Maltby, Conservator
Maltby and Associates Inc.
Adjunct Faculty, Museum Studies/FIS