Subject: Green parchment

Green parchment

From: Aurora Peruzzi <auroraper>
Date: Thursday, October 12, 2006
I am a book conservator at the Lancisiana Library in Rome and I am
researching stiff bindings covered with a green parchment. We have
about 30 books with this particular covering. They are very fragile
and most of them are broken at the joint. I am interested in the
history behind this technique and any particular tips on the
manufacturing and conservation of green parchment would really be
appreciated.

Aurora Peruzzi
Biblioteca Lancisiana
Borgo Santo Spirito, 3
J00193 Roma

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 18, 2006