Subject: Sulphamic acid

Sulphamic acid

From: Neil Mahrer <neil.mahrer>
Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2006
A local wreck diver here in Jersey in the British Channel Islands is
donating a substantial collection of marine artefacts to the Jersey
Heritage Trust.  He is also keen to give us a large amount of
sulphamic acid which he has used for some years in the
cleaning/stripping of recovered copper and brass items.  I am
instinctively doubtful as I have seen no literature on the use of
this chemical in marine conservation but would appreciate any views
on its possible use before I respond to his offer.

Neil Mahrer
Conservator
Jersey Heritage Trust
Jersey Archive, Clarence Road