Subject: 19th century tavern sign

19th century tavern sign

From: Elizabeth Kolligs <edkolligs>
Date: Monday, October 2, 2006
I have been given a 19th century wooden tavern sign needing to be
cleaned and consolidated. There is a layer of original oil paint on
the surface which needs some consolidation and some metal elements
that are rusted. Because the sign will be re-hung outside, I would
like advice on what type of varnish should be applied which will
hold up and as well as, be reversible.

Liz Kolligs

                  Distributed: Monday, October 9, 2006