Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Miki Lee <conservationgirl>
Date: Thursday, September 28, 2006
Sanchita Balachandran <sanchita [at] gmail__com> writes

>Has anyone had experience with data loggers that work with Apple
>computers as well as with PCs? ...

The dataloggers with which I'm familiar, satisfied, and have found
suitable for library and archives environmental monitoring are the
HOBO LCD Temp/RH dataloggers.  They can be used with both Mac
(Apple) and PC, it's simply a matter of which software to use.  The
datalogger is CAN$235.00. The required software/USB cable, etc. is
$117.00 (this software package need only be purchased even once for
multiple dataloggers).  The Canadian supplier I found extremely
helpful is Hoskin Scientific out of Ontario, ask for Tom.

Miki Lee
Preservation Officer, Conservator
Association of Newfoundland and Labrador Archives
PO Box 23155 St. John's NL A1B 4J9

                  Distributed: Monday, October 9, 2006