Subject: Position at National Library of Norway

Position at National Library of Norway

From: Arthur Tennoe <arthur.tennoe>
Date: Monday, September 25, 2006
Conservator - Paper and Graphic Media Section
National Library of Norway

The National Library of Norway <URL:http://www.nb.no> is the
nation's memory as well as a multimedia information centre. We
preserve and distribute the nation's heritage as it exists in
handwritten works, maps, books, periodicals, newspapers,
photographs, films, broadcasting, music and internet publications.
Our goal is to be among Europe's most exiting and modern National
Libraries, and in order to achieve this we need to concentrate on
personnel development as well as internet distribution of the
information stored at the digital library.

The National Library has some 340 employees in Oslo and Mo i Rana
and an annual budget of NOK 280 million. As an employee of the
National Library you will be part of the process of shaping an
important institution at the start of the 21st century.

The National Library is beginning to digitize all of its
collections. This means that the correct digitizing process must be
selected for the various documents held at the National Library. We
wish to employ a conservator to prepare the material in our
historical collections for digitizing.

Job description:

    *   Preparation, stabilisation and digitizing of historical
        objects
    *   Documentation and condition reporting of fragile documents
        and older documents
    *   Repackaging
    *   Supervision of personnel so good handling practices are
        achieved and maintained whilst historical material is being
        digitized

For information and electronic application see

    https://www.webcruiter.no/
        wcmain/AdvertViewPublic.aspx?
            oppdragsnr=158300308&company_id=810013&
            culture_id=NB-NO

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Arthur Tennoe
Head of section Paper and Graphic Media
Department of Media Preservation
National Library of Norway
PO Box 2674 Solli
NO-0203 OSLO,NORWAY
+47 23276064
Fax: +47 23276010

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 27, 2006