Subject: Replicas of modern and contemporary sculpture

Replicas of modern and contemporary sculpture

From: Mette Carlsen <mettecarlsen>
Date: Thursday, September 14, 2006
I am writing my MA dissertation on replicas of modern and
contemporary sculptures and I would like to get in contact with
conservators and curators who have been working with practical,
legal, or ethical aspects of replication e.g. professionals who have
manufactured a replica of a certain artwork or who decided not to
manufacture a replica.

I am interested in finding out if/where replicas exist in museums
and if the museums have a policy regarding replicas? Are replicas an
accepted solution and if so, under which circumstances are they
exhibited?

This research will be a part of my dissertation. Another part is the
experiences I gained from a practical study I made at Tate in
London.

Mette Carlsen
Gl. Kalkbraenderivej 60, 5. tv
2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
+45 3538 5833

               Distributed: Saturday, September 23, 2006