Subject: Adhesive for ceramics

Adhesive for ceramics

From: Amanda Severne <amandaseverne>
Date: Saturday, September 9, 2006
I have heard of an adhesive used in ceramic conservation whereby the
object is first taped into position and the adhesive applied to the
taped fracture.  It then migrates into the fracture, allowing near
perfect contact of the broken pieces.  I believe this is being used
for the reconstruction of the FitzWilliam vases in Cambridge.  Can
anyone tell me what this adhesive is, and where I could obtain it,
bearing in mind that this posting comes from the U.K.? I live in
hope,

Amanda

               Distributed: Saturday, September 23, 2006