Subject: Libraries and the Cultural Record

Libraries and the Cultural Record

From: David B. Gracy II <gracy>
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Exploring the long, complex, and fascinating history of stewardship
of the cultural record is the mission of Libraries and the Cultural
Record.  Formerly Libraries and Culture, the first issue of the
journal with its new focus, Volume 41, number 3 (Summer 2006), is
being mailed to subscribers this month.

Established 40 years ago to recount the history of libraries,
Libraries and the Cultural Record opens its pages to studies
investigating the history of:

    *   collections of knowledge
    *   the libraries, archives, and museums that house the
        collections
    *   the people who create and maintain the collections
    *   the preservation and conservation work that has ensured both
        longevity of and continuing access to the collections.

Libraries and the Cultural Record welcomes submissions and new
subscribers.  I invite your contributions and comments. For more
information please see

    <URL:http://sentra.ischool.utexas.edu/~lcr/>

or email me at lcr [at] ischool__utexas__edu>lcr [at] ischool__utexas__edu.
Libraries and the Cultural Record is edited in the School of
Information of The University of Texas at Austin and is published by
University of Texas Press.  Subscription information may be found at
<URL:http://www.utexas.edu/utpress/journals/custservjour.html>

David B. Gracy II, Editor
School of Information
The University of Texas at Austin
1 University Station D7000
Austin, Texas 78712-0390

               Distributed: Saturday, September 23, 2006