Subject: Scratches on engraved glass

Scratches on engraved glass

From: Jerry Shiner <info>
Date: Saturday, September 2, 2006
David Cottier-Angeli <dca [at] cottiermetal__ch> writes

>A modern art glass table ... with a "Securit" type
>of glass [has] from deep scratches on one side, but has artist
>engraving on the other side. ...
>Can someone suggest what method could best be followed as to soften
>the visible impact of scratches.

Sophisticated techniques are available in North America for
repairing chipped, cracked, and scratched automobile windshields.
Repairs can be done by service providers, or by anyone using
ready-to-use kits.

If the materials in these kits (epoxy resins, I think) are not
adequate for any reason, at least the methods used in their
application might be useful.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems

                 Distributed: Friday, September 8, 2006