Subject: Questionnaire on disaster planning

Questionnaire on disaster planning

From: Jordan Ferraro <jbferraro>
Date: Tuesday, July 18, 2006
    author.

I am currently conducting research on disaster planning for my
dissertation.  I am looking at ways of preparing an emergency
response plan, comparing planning for specific potential threats
with planning a generic response.  I have looked at various
guidelines for creating an emergency response plan and am now
looking for evidence of their performance during an emergency.  In
order to obtain this information I am looking for museum, archive or
library professionals who have had an emergency and used an
emergency response plan. If you are willing to answer a few
questions about the performance of this plan during an emergency
please email your answers to the questions below to
jbferraro [at] gmail__com or email me a telephone number and I will
contact you.

What type of institution do you work for?

    Museum
    Library
    Archive

What type of emergency where you faced with?  Please describe
briefly.

Did any secondary emergencies occur?  If so please describe.

How many members of staff were involved in responding to the
disaster?

Was outside emergency response required (i.e. fire dept.)?
    Had they been consulted during the construction of the plan?
    Did their prior involvement affect their response? If so how?

How was your disaster plan organized?

Were there guidelines for specific types of disasters (i.e fire,
flood, terrorist incident)
    Were you able to use them?
    How effective were they?
    Were generic guidelines produced to follow in any disaster?
    Did your plan establish job descriptions for various members of
    staff?
    Did your plan appoint a leader?

Was your plan re-evaluated after the disaster?
    If so where any changes made?
    If so please describe.

    Has this new plan been utilized?
        If so, was it easier?

What were the key issues you learned for Emergency Planning as a
result of your experience of a disaster?

Would you be prepared to answer further question?

May I utilize this information as a case study to be included in my
final paper?

Jordan Ferraro
Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK
+44 7756497030