Subject: Tile adhesive

Tile adhesive

From: Bruce Bumbarger <bbumbarg>
Date: Monday, July 10, 2006
The floor in one of our library's rooms, which will be used for rare
book and document storage, is covered in an asbestos-containing
floor tile. Recent testing showed no sign that any asbestos is
circulating through the space, but some of the tile is cracked and
plans are being made to remove the tile, leaving the old adhesive
layer in situ. New tile will then be laid down over the old mastic.
I wonder whether anyone can recommend a tile and tile adhesive that
they have used with success in a similar situation and what
provisions were made to lessen problems with outgassing.

Bruce Bumbarger
Magill Library
Haverford College

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 19, 2006