Subject: Solvent nomenclature

Solvent nomenclature

From: Thomas H. Rebok <trebok>
Date: Sunday, July 16, 2006
Can anybody please explain to me the difference between Mineral
Turpentine, Stoddard Solvent, White Spirit and Testbenzin with
regard to the manufacturing of Keton-N picture varnish? I have made
extensive tests and found out that the initial solubility and the
final drying time is affected by the choice of solvent but what
about longevity and reversibility?

Thomas Rebok
Fine Art Restorer

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 19, 2006