Subject: Surveys on electronic media

Surveys on electronic media

From: Marie-Chantale Poisson <mpoisson>
Date: Monday, July 17, 2006
The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is currently compiling a
survey of its Electronic Media collections. We are seeking survey
models on this type of collection from other institutions, in order
to compare notes and help us create a practical document that we
envision becoming a template that we will share with the whole
community upon completion. The survey will describe the collection,
and establish guidelines for the care and preservation of our
electronic media artworks. The collection is comprised of about 150
objects from the Painting and Sculpture collection, the Architecture
and Design Collection, as well as web based artworks. The survey
document should be completed by the fall of this year.

Marie-Chantale Poisson
Conservation Fellow
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 19, 2006