Subject: Kathleen Mullen

Kathleen Mullen

From: Karen E. Brown <kebrown>
Date: Monday, July 17, 2006
Announcement--Collections Conservator
University Libraries
University at Albany

I am pleased to announce that Kathleen (Katie) Mullen has been hired
to be the new Collections Conservator for the University Libraries,
University at Albany, starting August 24, 2006. Ms. Mullen will be
completing her MSIS this summer from the U of Texas, Austin, with an
Endorsement of Specialization in Book and Paper Conservation. As
part of that program she has been a Conservation Intern with the NY
Historical Society. She has developed book repair skills in both
this position and in a previous internship with the Architecture and
Planning Library at UT. In both positions she worked with items from
the circulating as well as special collections, and has developed an
excellent portfolio displaying her skills, and knowledge of
conservation.

Please welcome, and allow me to congratulate Katie Mullen on her
successful job search! We look forward to having her!

Karen E.K. Brown
Preservation Librarian
University at Albany LE 310

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 19, 2006