Subject: Paul Conway

Paul Conway

From: Paul L Conway <paul.conway>
Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2006
I write to let the members of the archives, conservation, and
preservation communities know that I have accepted an appointment as
Associate Professor in the University of Michigan's School of
Information.  I will take up my research and teaching duties in
September.

My work at Michigan will focus on archives, preservation, digital
libraries, and digital content management and the ways these things
intersect from the perspective of users.  I will also be recruiting
students who wish to pursue doctoral degrees in these areas.

I look forward to working with many of you directly and indirectly
over the coming years. I remain completely committed to developing
the interconnections between the research enterprise and the very
practical challenges that we all face in preserving our cultural
heritage in all formats.

The following is a press release from the University of Michigan
describing my new assignment:

    <URL:http://www.si.umich.edu/
        about-SI/news-detail.htm?NewsItemID=553>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

After September 1 I can be reached at:

    Paul Conway