Subject: Vibration construction works

Vibration construction works

From: Sarah McHugh <sarah.mchugh>
Date: Thursday, June 22, 2006
At the Australian Museum we will soon be beginning construction of a
major extension to our current building. I'm currently investigating
the affects of construction induced vibrations on nearby collection
materials and would be particularly interested to hear about
experiences with natural history collections, including wet
specimens and dry entomological specimens, as I can't find any
published information on this area. Any information on damage noted
or mitigation methods that have been used in this type of project
would be great.

Sarah McHugh
Conservator
Collections Integrity Unit