Subject: Drymounting

Drymounting

From: Jane Pudsey <jane.pudsey>
Date: Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Joanna McMann <archmuse [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am looking into alternative ways to dry mount exhibition panels
>that don't involve heating in a press or spraying.  What options are
>available?

I'm not quite sure what you're after, but 3M have (or at least had)
a pressure-sensitive sheet adhesive called PMA (positionable
mounting adhesive), which I have used successfully on an A1 sheet.
The rolls are not that large (approximately 16 inches x 50 feet) but
the carrier sheets, positionability and slight spreading as you
smooth it down allow even covering of as large an area as required,
with as many pieces as you fancy. I get it once in a blue moon from
a local independent stationer, who buys a roll for me with his next
order from 3M. I could send you a sample to play with if required.

Jane Pudsey
Senior Conservator
The Herbert
Coventry